What Is UPI?
UPI or Unified Payments Interface is the popular payment method, which is managed by NPCI or the National Payments Corporation of India. One can make quick and safe payments with UPI at online betting sites and online casinos for real money in India.
Many Indian online gamers prefer making a payment with UPI as it is trustworthy and cheap. Earlier, it was a hassle to make deposits and withdraw money on Indian betting websites. With the introduction of UPI, transactions have become super easy and smooth.
Best UPI Casinos - February 2024
Pros & Cons Of Using UPI Payment Option
- UPI is a cheap payment option as the fees for transferring funds on websites are low.
- It hardly takes a few minutes to make deposits with UPI as the transactions are fast.
- Since UPI is managed under the Reserve Bank of India or RBI, it is very secure.
There are a few things that can be improved to make UPI the best payment option for Indians.
- UPI does not offer anonymity, and many bettors in India prefer anonymity when placing bets. All the transactions done through UPI are regulated by the Indian Government. Even though it is a good step, but if you need privacy, you may not be comfortable using UPI.
- Even though the UPI transactions are fast, they are not instant. In most cases, you might have to wait for some time as the website needs time to check your transactions before sending the money into your account.
How To Use UPI?
There are many online casinos and sports betting sites in India that accept UPI payments. If you want to use this service, you must follow the guidelines.
- You must have a smartphone and a bank account in India to start using the services offered by UPI.
- Visit your app store and download the UPI app. There is a wide range of UPI wallets in India including Google Pay, Paytm, and PhonePe.
- Fill in the needed details such as your name, Virtual Payment Address (VPA), and password to create your account.
- Once you have completed creating your account, the next step is to connect your account with your bank account. It is simple to link your bank account with UPI. Enter your phone number registered to your bank account and UPI will automatically take the details and will connect with it.
Once you have followed all the guidelines, you will have a working UPI app and you can use it to make transactions on a casino or betting website.
Using UPI To Deposit At Online Casinos And Betting Sites?
Keep note that not all casino and sports betting websites in India accept UPI so you must search for the website with this payment option. The good news is that many websites in India accept UPI deposits and you can check out our Indian betting sites reviews for some ideas, too.
Transferring money to a casino and betting website is easy and comfortable. After you registered a VPA, there are only a few steps to follow for successful transactions.
- Search for the website that accepts UPI. Once you have decided on the website where you want to play, create your account.
- Complete all the steps to register and confirm your account.
- When you want to place real bets or start spinning the reels of online slots, go ahead to make deposits.
- Navigate the Deposit or Banking page of the website and select UPI as your preferred payment method.
- You will be redirected to a new screen where you can see the VPA of the betting or the casino website. There will be a space to fill in the amount you want to transfer at the site. Send the amount and you are done.
- The website will get your money but it will take some time to transfer it into your account.
- You can make the process fast by submitting proof of payment. It will work as a receipt, ensuring that you have transferred the money on the website.
If your deposit is not visible even after an hour of making the transaction, you must contact the customer care agent and they will speed up the process.
Using UPI To Withdraw From Online Casinos
Indian players are using UPI for depositing money as well as withdrawing money from casino and sports betting websites. But, you must note that withdrawing money can take more time than depositing. Here we have listed the steps that you must follow in order to successfully withdraw your winnings.
- Navigate to the Cashier or Banking page of the casino and sports betting website where you wish to withdraw money from.
- Choose UPI as the payment option for withdrawing funds.
- If you are making your first withdrawal with UPI, you will need to verify your identity on the website. This is a necessary step to stop criminal activities including money laundering. The verification procedure may take some time but this verification is only done during the first withdrawal and therefore should not be a hassle for further withdrawals that you will make.
- After you have submitted the needed documents to prove your identity, you can proceed to use UPI for withdrawing money.
- Your withdrawals will be processed smoothly and sent to your bank.
Please note that only players who deposited with UPI can withdraw money with UPI. If you have used another payment method to transfer funds, you will not be able to used UPI for withdrawals.